Friday, June 1, 2007

B&V Cultures Day 5/18


Believe It or Not? Zurin, Patricia, Kay and I danced "Joget Pahang" at the B&V Cultures Day event.
I remembered the last time I did Malay dance was in Secondary School (Kwee Eng, I am sure you remember). I wasn't so great at that time and this time it's the same. I couldn't remember what drove me to participate in that dance. Anyway, it's over and most people said it was good (Mat Saleh don't know if we did wrong..:P). Thanks to all the friends and family that showed up to support us..:))
Want a peek of the dance? It's a chance of a lifetime to see 4 wives "shake their hips"...Ha ha HA :))

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5391664125603079501&pr=goog-sl

I took Athena and Nelia to the event to expose them to cultures of other countries as well as ours. Athena dressed in Malay Baju Kurung and Nelia in Chinese Cheongsam.

See all the items and poster that we displayed? Yeah, a lot of work and coordination to set up such a nice display booth. Thanks to all that helped so that we can show the Mat Saleh our cultures!!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AatWjJw2cM2Tm

2 comments:

Owl Eng said...

i like your dance!! it's fantastic. those ang mo must have been very amazed with your performance. well done!! ;) four of you were like authentic nonya in batik. were you the dance instructor?
i can still remember that time when we had to stay back after school nearly everyday, just to get the malay dance 100% ready for the 'daearah' competition though the cikgu kept changing the steps. those malay boys even commented the way i played the silat was very 'sissy'...sweat. however, our effort was well paid - we got 3rd prize for our hard work...heehee ;)

Clarice said...

Bravo, Winnie. Can't say I'll be that brave!