Monday, February 19, 2007

My Special Valentine's Day (2/14)

How did you celebrate your Valentine’s Day?
Our Valentine’s Day turned out quite unexpected….
Usually, we don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, or even Anniversary Day. Anyway this year was a little different. I read about an article on celebrating Valentine’s Day with kids. Well, I really like the ideas of giving them greeting card and enjoying candle-light dinner together. That night when I got home from work, I cleaned up the ever-messy dinning table, put lots of candles and a Valentine’s Day card (Jamie bought it for the girls, it has beautiful Princess Ariel on it) in the center. I moved away Nelia’s high chair planning to let her sit on Athena’s booster chair and Athena can sit without the booster, that way we will all sit around the table. For dinner, both girls had chicken drumstick and mashed potatoes and we had pork chops (Oops…. I overcooked them).
Finally, they came home from school. Athena quickly realized the lights were off. She asked, “ Mommy, why did you turned off the lights?” Well, I patiently explained to her it's our special Valentine's Day dinner. Both girl were excited to see the candles, we sat down and eat while Nelia kept asking whether she can blow the candles yet..:P Half way through the dinner, Nelia made noise and wanted her own high chair. Jamie moved the high chair back and put Nelia in it. We continued eating. Not after 1 minute and Athena said, "Mommy, I can't see.." and she jumped off the chair and turned on the lights....there goes all my effort....:(

No comments: